Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Park People





I like shooting at night more than during the day. The colors are more vibrant, and there's a lot of really cool things you can do shooting at night that you can't do during the day with out a neutral density filter. The windmill shots are a little unremarkable. I wish I had taken them in RAW because the tonal range is really limited and I don't like the orange, but I plan on retaking them at some point. The first image is one of the only shots that I think turned out pretty well. The flash value is a little too high, so the skin tone is under saturated, but it still turned out decently... I think. The exposure is 2 seconds and I used a repeating flash (in-camera) to capture 5 different positions. All of the pictures are shot with an ISO of 200--I don't like using a high ISO if I'm shooting with a tripod. Aperture value...I don't exactly remember--somewhere between 3.5-5.8 with varying exposures. The first windmill picture, shot from behind the windmill, is probably around 8-10 seconds. The second shot, from the front, is around 15 seconds, and the third shot is somewhere close to 4 or 5 seconds.

No comments:

Post a Comment